Michigan Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Plus, many Michigan pedestrians and other road users are not yet used to so many bicycles being on the streets and along major routes. This means that bicycle riders in Michigan are at risk of being involved in a bicycle accident caused by other road users. Bicycle accidents often lead to severe injuries and even death because of the lack of enclosure.
If you have sustained a personal injury from a bicycle accident in Michigan and are seeking compensation for your injuries, you should get in touch with Michigan’s largest personal injury law firm, Mike Morse Law Firm. Our bicycle accident lawyers are highly experienced and knowledgeable about bicycle accidents in the state. As such, we may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Call us today at 855-MIKE-WINS to speak to an experienced bicycle accident lawyer for FREE.
Types of Michigan Bicycle Accidents
We represent individuals who have been in one or more of the following types of bicycle accidents:
- Door collisions –These are bicycle accidents involving passengers opening doors directly onto the path of an oncoming bicycle; also referred to as “getting doored,” the cyclist may ram into the door or try to avoid the accident by veering into traffic and getting hit by other motor vehicles or colliding with pedestrians or other cyclists
- Rear-end accident – This happens when another motor vehicle, motorcycle, or bicycle collides with the bicycle’s rear
- Right hook collision – This occurs when a motor vehicle or cyclist overtakes the rider on the left and then makes a right turn in front of the bicycle
- Bicycle accident at an intersection – This happens when bicycle riders fail to yield the right of way or assume they can cross the intersection very quickly
- Right cross accidents –This occurs when another vehicle suddenly exits a street on the right and collides with the bicycle or causes the cyclist to run into another road user
- Left cross accidents – This happens when a motor vehicle traveling in the opposite direction suddenly makes a left turn in front of a bicycle that’s heading straight or about to turn left
- Sideswiping – This occurs when a vehicle driver does not see the cyclist, gets too close to the bicycle, and accidentally hits the rider while making a turn
- Wrong-way bicycle accidents – Riding against traffic can cause serious accidents to both the rider and other road users
The spike in the number of bike accidents in Michigan is largely tied to the increased number of bicycles on the road, as well as the state’s push to create more dedicated bicycle lanes. Unfortunately, people get seriously hurt in some of these accidents.
If you have sustained severe injuries in a bike accident in Detroit, Grand Rapids, or another Michigan city, get in touch with the bicycle accident lawyers at Mike Morse Law Firm today. We will help you seek damages, file a personal injury lawsuit, recover lost wages, and seek damages for other losses you may have suffered as a result of the accident.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Michigan
When you choose Mike Morse Law Firm, we’ll work to ascertain the cause of your bike accident. This is a crucial part of our process and may determine if you have a strong case.
Some of the more common causes of bike accidents in Michigan include:
- Failure to notify pedestrians when riding on a sidewalk – Riding on sidewalks is banned by certain municipalities in high congestion or retail areas
- Pedestrians crossing at the wrong areas – The ideal location for pedestrians to cross the road is an intersection or zebra crossing
- Failure to yield to red lights at intersections
- Lack of warning lights or sounds at night
- Bike merge or turn in front of a motor vehicle going straight ahead or turning in the opposite direction
- Driving or riding under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Absence of reflective vest at night
- Bad roads with potholes and cracks
- Dog chase
Of course, there are many other possible causes of bike accidents, but these are among the most common. As with all personal injury claims, we’ll examine the scenario to determine whether your accident was caused by one or more of the listed causes. Once we identify the root cause, we’ll explore the possibility of helping you file a Michigan no-fault compensation claim with either your insurance company or that of the at-fault driver.
For more information on how we can help you recover compensation, get in touch with Mike Morse Law Firm today and schedule your free initial consultation.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Typical Injuries Sustained in a Michigan Bicycle Accident
Some of the common injuries seen in bike accidents include:
- Multiple fractures
- Severe bruising, abrasions, and lacerations
- Head injuries leading to brain damage
- Facial injuries
- Internal bleeding injuries
- Dislocated joints
- Ruptured discs
- Broken or injured spine
Depending on how bad the injuries are, the cost of treatment can be moderate to extreme. This is why you need the services of an experienced bicycle accident attorney. It’s not enough to just file a Michigan no-fault claim with your insurance company – you may need more money to cover your medical bills and recover other losses.
You may be able to seek damages for pain and suffering, file a third-party claim, and wage loss recovery. At Mike Morse Law Firm, our Michigan bike lawyers understand the nuances and technicalities involved in bicycle accident cases. This gives us unique leverage that could help you secure your benefits or maximize your settlement.
Come speak with one of our Michigan bicycle accident attorneys today if you have any questions regarding your situation.Contact Mike Morse Law Firm toll-free at 855-MIKE-WINS to get started.
Contact a Qualified Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Michigan
Our lawyers know that this is a difficult time for you and your loved ones. This is why we will do everything in our power to get you a favorable outcome. With a thorough understanding of the various types of damages that may be available and awareness of the factors influencing compensation amounts, we can help you prepare a solid case and represent you properly.
We work on a contingency basis – which means we don’t charge you a dime unless we win your case. We want to make sure you get what’s due to you. Don’t let a lack of cash or financial resources deter you from getting the justice and compensation that you deserve. We are here to help you secure your future.
Contact us today to speak to a highly skilled and experienced bicycle accident lawyer serving Detroit, Grand Rapids, and cities throughout Michigan. Call 855-MIKE-WINS to schedule your FREE initial consultation.
Our clients Say it the best
“My husband and I were out riding our bikes when a loose dog ran up and bit my husband. Fortunately, the dog bite lawyers at the Mike Morse Law Firm were very helpful in taking care of the paperwork and getting us a settlement that covered all of our medical expenses and damages for pain and suffering.”
“I was attacked by a pit bull when I was out walking in my own neighborhood. My leg was badly injured and I needed stitches and still have a scar. Mike Morse and his team settled my case for $225,000.00. I’m so glad I called Mike!”
“My son was mowing a neighbor’s lawn, when a dog ran out of nowhere and bit him on the arm. He ended up with a large scar and several stitches. The lawyers and staff at the Mike Morse Law Firm were very helpful in helping us build a case and collect. They made the process easy and the whole family is grateful. Thank you again.”