Truck Accident Lawyers in Detroit, MI
A large commercial truck can pose considerable danger on the highway. It takes a special truck driver with experience to operate a commercial truck safely on the road. However, in the trucking industry facing high demand, drivers are faced with busy schedules and long hours.
The experienced truck accident lawyers at Mike Morse Law Firm are here for you. When you consult with our law firm, we work hard to answer all your questions. And when we take on your case, we go the distance to get you the compensation you deserve.
After contacting our law firm for a free consultation, you can find yourself well on your way to physical and emotional healing. Our law firm guarantees no fees until your case is settled.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a semi-truck accident in the Detroit area, contact Mike Morse Law Firm today at 855-MIKE-WINS.
The Importance of Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer
Choosing our law firm provides many benefits, such as our dedication to you as a client. Our law firm fights for you and your family in making the highways of Detroit and the surrounding areas safe. At Mike Morse Law Firm, our attorneys have driven results from semi-truck accidents, and we can help you retain the compensation you are entitled to.
Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing your case is in the right hands by choosing the attorneys at Mike Morse Law Firm. If you have suffered from a personal injury caused by a semi-truck accident, contact our office today at 855-MIKE-WINS for a free consultation.
Below are the following steps we will take to ensure you receive the best possible compensation for your case.
Investigate the crash
When a semi-truck accident has occurred, we want and need to know the cause behind it. By investigating the collision, we can help determine who should be held responsible by compiling the following evidence:
- Photos from the accident
- Witness statements
- Evidence from damaged vehicles
- Electronic data recorder data
- Phone records
- Investigate if the truck driver was intoxicated
- Police reports
- Criminal and traffic records
- Trucking company’s history of violations
Contact experts to discuss your case
A semi-truck accident lawyer at Mike Morse Law Firm will reach out to other highly experienced experts to find the reasoning behind the truck accident and the extent of damage you may have suffered.
Our law firm works with the following experts:
- Safety experts
- Driver trainersv
- Mechanics and engineers
- Toxicology experts
- Truck accident experts
- Truck accident experts
- Lifecare plannersv
After a semi-truck accident, it is vital to seek legal counsel to ensure that evidence has not been tampered with. When Mike Morse Law Firm takes on your truck accident case, we immediately contact the trucking company involved with a “notice letter” to request all logbooks and other valuable evidence.
If the trucking company does not comply, we can then seek court orders to force the company to provide us with the evidence needed to pursue it.
We fight aggressively and will negotiate aggressively to seek the settlement you deserve. We put together a strong case to present to the insurance company and request a deserving compensation that includes medical costs and income loss.
Go to trial if needed
If needed, our truck accident attorneys are fully prepared to take your case to court and show our evidence to the jury. We will fight aggressively for you and use our legal knowledge and settlement negotiations to win your case.
No legal fees until your case is settled
When you hire Mike Morse Law Firm, we work on a contingency basis. Meaning, you as our client pays no fees or costs until your case is settled. We accept our payment from your final settlement.
Accidents are bound to happen and can happen at any time. However, choosing the right attorney can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Having an accident lawyer on your side can help you better understand your legal rights and what you can get compensation for. Anytime you are involved in a severe accident, it is important to reach out to a lawyer before talking to insurance companies.
With an attorney from the law firm of Mike Morse handling your truck accident claim, you can be sure you have made the right choice and are in good hands. An attorney from our firm has the experience and resources to help you fight your case aggressively. Contact our office today for a free consultation at our toll-free number, 855-MIKE-WINS.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident
After a truck accident, you may find yourself in a situation where you are severely injured but can’t do anything but wait for medical assistance. However, if you are able, there are some steps you could take that could help your future case.
Below are some steps that should be taken after being involved in a truck accident:
- Ensure that others are not injured and do not require medical assistance
- Contact law enforcement and notify the dispatcher if medical assistance is needed for yourself or others involved
- Provide law enforcement with the description of the truck accident and note the officer’s name and your case number
- Obtain the driver’s name, trucking company, and insurance information, along with witness information as well
- Obtain the license plate number, driver’s license number, and any noticeable features of the truck
- Get pictures of the accident scene if possible, including all vehicles and any car body damage sustained from the accident; this can include surrounding street signs
- Do not discuss your accident or injuries with the trucking company, driver, or insurance company; by speaking to others who are not your accident attorney, you could jeopardize your case
After being injured in a truck accident, it can be hard to tell who the responsible party is right away. However, in Detroit, a truck accident lawyer can reach out to experts such as an accident reconstruction expert to determine who is responsible.
If you seek compensation after being injured in a truck accident, reach out to the Mike Morse truck accident attorneys today at 855-MIKE-WINS for a free consultation. Our clients do not pay any fees upfront. Payment is only accepted after your case has been settled.
Recoverable Damages from a Truck Accident
After a truck accident, you can be experiencing emotional distress, financial loss, and physical trauma. However, when choosing a law firm, you can be compensated for some of these damages. Compensation in the State of Michigan can include both economic and non-economic damages.
Contact Mike Morse Law Firm today to see what compensation we can get you. Below are some frequent losses that can be compensated after a truck accident:
- Medical expenses which can include rehabilitation, physical therapy, and hospital bills
- Lost wages
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Care and household services
- Lowered earnings from a personal injury or disability.
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Life modification including your home or vehicles
While you can’t set a price tag on some of these losses, there are ways to calculate these damages accurately. The amount of compensation will often depend on the severity of the injuries sustained. Other factors that are taken into consideration for compensation include your insurance policy limits, loss of income, and if you suffer from permanent injuries.
Contact a lawyer today at the law firm of Mike Morse – together we can get you the compensation you deserve.
Pain and Suffering in Detroit
In some states, pain and suffering are not awarded in personal injury cases. Pain and suffering compensation is considered non-economic, which includes physical and emotional losses. These losses can include:
- Mental anguish
In the State of Michigan, the law allows specific amounts for pain and suffering damages in your compensation claim. An attorney from Mike Morse Law Firm can help you determine what this amount may be in your case.
Pain and suffering damages differ from economic losses because no one can put a price tag on pain and suffering. In these situations, it is more difficult to calculate. Instead, there are other ways to cover your damages. As your attorney, it is our job to help the judge and jury understand the pain you have endured because of the truck accident and how the accident has significantly impacted your life and family.
If a commercial truck accident has impacted you or your family at the hands of a truck driver, contact an accident attorney today at Mike Morse Law Firm. Our goal as truck accident lawyers is to help answer all your questions about your commercial truck accident case. Let a personal injury attorney go the distance for you and contact Mike Morse Law Firm toll-free at 855-MIKE-WINS.
Causes of Truck Accidents
A large truck can be dangerous out on the roadways. When operating a truck, the driver must have the proper experience to be behind the wheel. Handling the truck, the cargo properly, and weight alone can be dangerous.
Our truck accident lawyers know it takes experience to operate a semi-truck; even the most experienced drivers can find themselves involved in an accident. As owner-operators are responsible for all their maintenance or even company drivers, there can be times when budgets are tight and corners are cut. However, there are situations where things simply go wrong and they are entirely out of the driver’s control.
Below are a few common causes of truck accidents:
- Drive times – With the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, there are rules for the Hours of Service limiting the hours a driver can be on the road. The Hours of Service regulations state that drivers are only required to take breaks after 14 hours of straight driving time.
- Mechanical issues – Before the requirement of anti-lock brakes in 1997, the main mechanical problem was jackknifing. However, many other mechanical problems can cause truck accidents on the road.
- Road conditions – Driving in bad weather conditions such as on icy roads and in low visibility can cause complications when driving for any vehicle. This is exceptionally true when you are operating a large truck. Driving in dangerous weather requires trucks to need a longer amount of time to stop or change lanes.
- Blind spots – Large trucks have more blind spots than a regular car. When operating a truck, it is not uncommon for another car to get lost in the truck’s blind spots and contribute to a car accident.
- Driver fatigue – With truck drivers on the road for long hours and only being required to take breaks after 14 hours of driving, drivers can suffer from fatigue. Not only do long driving hours cause fatigue, unhealthy sleep schedules, and eating habits can cause fatigue. Drunk driving is also an issue, regardless if the truck driver has used alcohol or other road participants.
- Cargo issues – If the truck is loaded improperly, unbalanced, or overweight, this can lead to leaks, spills, and other troubles. Taking the extra time to load a truck properly can help reduce truck accidents caused by improperly loaded cargo.
When suffering from a personal injury, it is recommended that you reach out to truck accident lawyers. By speaking to the truck accident lawyers at Mike Morse Law Firm, we can help guide you and offer you the legal advice you need to seek fair compensation.
Our truck accident lawyers are on your side. If a truck driver has injured you or a family member, or if you have wrongfully lost a loved one, contact the lawyers for truck accidents today toll-free at 855-MIKE-WINS. As a firm, we have handled many commercial trucks accidents and are willing to fight aggressively for you and your family.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Contact Our Detroit Truck Accident Lawyer
Being involved or injured in a semi-truck accident can cause a million different questions and emotions. You do not have to go through your accident case alone. Contact the truck accidents lawyers at Mike Morse Law Firm. When we take on your case, you can rest assured you are in the right hands.
Our law office fights for you as our client and does not require any legal fees until your case has been settled. Seeking justice is not just about receiving money. Instead, it is about doing the right thing and receiving compensation for your losses, pain, and suffering. Hiring an attorney with Mike Morse to handle your case gives you the peace of mind that our firm will go the extra mile in fighting for your compensation.
Make the right choice and contact Michigan’s largest personal injury law firm today. Hiring a lawyer from our firm can help ensure your case is in the right hands. Contact Mike Morse’s firm and speak to a lawyer for truck accident toll-free at 855-MIKE-WINS for a free consultation. Let a Mike Morse attorney fight for you and maximize your results after being injured in a semi-truck accident.
Our clients Say it the best
“This firm’s professionalism far exceeds the normal verbal and written communications expected from a law office. They could not have done a better job with the matters concerning my case and I would highly recommend them.”
“When the attorneys at the Mike Morse Law Firm represented me, we were not just a number, we were family. They really cared about what I was going through. I could not have asked for better people to work on my case.”
“I think very highly of Mr. Morse’s office and would recommend them to anyone. It starts with the great feeling you get when you come to the office for the very first time and it has continued with the excellent customer service they always provided . I don’t even need to ask questions because the attorneys and paralegals are so on top of their jobs. They have always been there for me. I have a warm and friendly feeling anytime I stop in. It feels like home.”