Truck Accident Lawyers in Detroit, MI
A large commercial truck can pose considerable danger on the highway. It takes a special truck driver with experience to operate a commercial truck safely on the road. However, in the trucking industry facing high demand, commercial vehicle drivers are faced with busy schedules and long hours.
The experienced truck accident lawyers at the Mike Morse Personal Injury Law Firm are here for you. When you consult with our truck crash firm, we work hard to answer all your questions, and when we take on your case, we go the extra mile to get you the full compensation you deserve as an accident victim.
After contacting our experienced personal injury lawyers for a free consultation, you can find yourself well on your way to physical and emotional healing from a serious injury. Our law firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which guarantees no fees until your injury claim or lawsuit is settled.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a semi-truck accident due to the negligence or unsafe actions of a trucker in the Detroit area, contact the Mike Morse Law Firm today at 855-MIKE-WINS.
The Importance of Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer
Choosing our law firm provides many benefits, such as our compassion and dedication to you as a client. Our law firm fights for you and your family members in making the highways of Detroit and the surrounding areas safe. At Mike Morse Law Firm, our attorneys with years of experience have driven results from tractor-trailer accidents, and we can help truck accident victims retain the maximum compensation they are entitled to.
Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing your tractor-trailer or 18-wheeler case is in the right hands by choosing the commercial vehicle accident attorneys at Mike Morse Law Firm. If you have suffered from a personal injury caused by a semi-truck accident, contact our truck accident law firm today at 855-MIKE-WINS for an initial consultation.
Below are the following steps we will take to ensure you receive the best possible financial compensation for your big rig truck case.
Investigate the crash.
When a semi-truck accident has occurred, we want and need to know the cause behind it. By investigating the collision and scene of the crash, our legal team and accident investigators can help determine who should be held responsible for punitive damages following a large truck accident by compiling the following evidence:
- Photographic evidence or videos of the accident scene
- Witness statements
- Evidence from damaged vehicles
- Electronic data recorder information (from the truck’s black box)
- Phone records
- Investigation into whether or not the truck driver was intoxicated
- Police reports
- Criminal and traffic records
- The trucking company’s history of violations
Contact experts to discuss your case.
A semi-truck accident lawyer at Mike Morse Law Firm will reach out to other highly experienced experts to find the reasoning behind the truck accident and the extent of damage you may have suffered. Whether your 18-wheeler accident case was caused by negligence, drunk driving, delayed responsiveness or reaction time, a tire blowout, poor maintenance, ignored safety regulations, speeding, a truck manufacturer error, or any other cause, we’ll get to the bottom of it when we take on your big rig accident case.
Our team of lawyers works with the following experts to find the causes of semi-truck accidents:
- Safety experts
- Driver trainers
- Mechanics and engineers
- Toxicology experts
- Truck accident experts
- Lifecare planners
After an 18-wheeler accident or other vehicle accident involving a commercial driver, it is vital to seek legal counsel to ensure that evidence has not been tampered with. When Mike Morse Law Firm takes on your truck accident case, we do our due diligence by immediately contacting the trucking company involved with a “notice letter” to request all logbooks and other valuable evidence.
If the trucking company does not comply, our truck accident injury lawyers can then seek court orders to force the company to provide us with the evidence needed to pursue the case and find any violations of the rules of the road.
We fight aggressively and will negotiate aggressively to seek the best possible outcome you deserve when taking on large truck companies. We put together a strong case to present to the insurance company and request a deserving settlement offer for plaintiffs that includes medical costs and wage loss due to minor injuries or severe injuries.
Go to trial if needed.
If needed, our trial lawyers are fully prepared to take your truck accident case to court and show our evidence to the jury. We will fight aggressively for you and use our legal knowledge and settlement negotiations to give you your best chance at a successful verdict in the courtroom when you pursue a truck accident lawsuit.
No legal fees until your case is settled.
When you hire Mike Morse Law Firm, we work on a contingency basis. This means that you, as our client, pay no legal fees or costs until your legal matters are settled. We accept our payment from your final tractor-trailer crash settlement.
Accidents are bound to happen and can happen at any time. However, choosing the right attorney with extensive experience can help you receive the compensation you deserve, especially if your wrongful death case or catastrophic injury was the fault of a liable party making safety violations. Having the best lawyers on your side can help you better understand your legal rights and what you can get compensation for. Any time you are involved in a severe accident, it is important to reach out to a big truck lawyer before talking to insurance companies or insurance adjusters.
With an attorney from the law firm of Mike Morse handling your truck accident claim, you can be sure you have made the right choice and are in good hands. An attorney from our firm has the experience and resources to help you fight your serious truck accident case aggressively. Contact our office today for a free case evaluation at our toll-free number, 855-MIKE-WINS.
Steps To Take After a Truck Accident
After a commercial vehicle accident, you may find yourself in a situation where you are severely injured but can’t do anything except wait for medical attention. However, if you are able, there are some steps you could take that could help your future truck wreck case:
- Ensure that others are not injured and do not require medical assistance from a quick response team.
- Contact law enforcement and notify the dispatcher if medical assistance is needed for yourself or others involved.
- Provide law enforcement with the description of the motor vehicle accident impact, and note the officer’s name and your case number. If anyone was injured, you’ll need to file a police report. It’s a good idea to keep a copy of this, along with any witness statements.
- Obtain the driver’s name, trucking company, and insurance information, along with witness information.
- Obtain the license plate number, driver’s license number, and any noticeable features of the truck and big rig driver.
- Get pictures of the accident scene if possible, including all vehicles and any vehicle or other property damage sustained from the accident. This can include the surrounding street signs.
- Do not discuss your accident or injuries with the trucking company, driver, or insurance company. By speaking to others who are not your accident attorney, you could jeopardize your truck injury case.
After being injured in a truck accident, it can be hard to tell who the responsible party is right away. However, in Detroit, a truck accident lawyer can reach out to experts such as an accident reconstruction expert to determine who is responsible.
It’s also important to seek medical care as soon as possible after a passenger vehicle crash involving a commercial vehicle. You may think you have only minor injuries, but you may simply not realize the extent of your injuries. A common example of injuries that may not show symptoms until later is a concussion or other traumatic brain injuries (TBI). It’s also important to see if you’ve suffered any other physical injuries, such as whiplash or spinal cord injuries. Getting the best medical care right away also helps prove the source of your injuries for when you take legal action, and having pristine medical records throughout your case will make the legal process and insurance claims easier. If you wait to see medical experts, defendants may be able to argue that your injuries came from another source.
As one of 12 no-fault states in the United States, pursuing an insurance claim following your truck crash in the state of Michigan may be confusing. The best law firms will help you file your claim correctly the first time to recover medical bills as a result of the accident and any other financial losses. An injured party needs to file their accident claim within the statute of limitations in order to have a successful outcome. In Michigan, the deadline is three years after the time of the crash.
If you seek compensation after being injured in a truck accident, reach out to the Mike Morse truck accident attorneys today at 855-MIKE-WINS for legal representation. Our clients do not pay any fees upfront. Payment is only accepted after your case has been settled.
Recoverable Damages From a Truck Accident
After a traffic accident resulting in injuries or even fatalities, you can experience emotional distress, financial loss, and physical trauma. However, when you choose an experienced attorney, you can be compensated for some of these damages. Compensation in the state of Michigan can include both economic damages and non-economic damages.
Contact Mike Morse Law Firm today to see how much money we can get you. Below are some frequent losses that can be compensated in a truck accident settlement:
- Medical expenses, which can include rehabilitation, physical therapy, and hospital bills
- Lost wages
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Care and household services
- Lowered earnings from a personal injury or disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Life modification, including your home or vehicles
While you can’t set a price tag on some of these losses, there are ways to calculate these damages accurately during a personal injury lawsuit negotiation. The amount of compensation will often depend on the severity of the injuries sustained. Other factors that are taken into consideration for compensation include your insurance policy limits and loss of income and if you suffer from permanent injuries or emotional trauma.
Contact a lawyer today at the law firm of Mike Morse. Together, we can get you the fair compensation you deserve.
Pain and Suffering in Detroit
In some states, pain and suffering are not awarded in personal injury cases. Pain and suffering compensation is considered non-economic, which includes physical and emotional losses. These losses can include:
- Mental anguish
In the state of Michigan, the law allows specific amounts for pain and suffering damages in your compensation claim. An attorney from Mike Morse Law Firm can help you determine what this amount may be in your truck accident injury case.
Pain and suffering damages differ from economic losses because no one can put a price tag on individual pain and suffering. In these situations, top settlements are more difficult to calculate. Instead, there are other ways to cover your damages by looking at a number of factors. As your experienced truck accident attorney, it is our job to help the judge and jury understand the pain you have endured because of the truck accident and how the accident has significantly impacted your life and family.
If a commercial truck accident has impacted you or your family at the hands of a negligent truck driver, contact an accident attorney today at Mike Morse Law Firm. Our goal as truck accident lawyers is to help answer all your questions about your commercial truck accident case. Let a personal injury attorney go the distance for you and contact Mike Morse Law Firm toll-free at 855-MIKE-WINS.
Causes of Truck Accidents
A large truck can be dangerous out on the roadways. When operating a truck, the truck driver must have the proper experience to be behind the wheel. Properly handling the truck, the cargo, and the weight alone can be dangerous, especially for drivers without substantial experience.
Our truck accident lawyers know it takes experience to operate a semi-truck—even the most experienced drivers can find themselves involved in crash cases. As owner-operators are responsible for all their maintenance or even company drivers, there can be times when budgets are tight and corners are cut. However, there are situations where things simply go wrong, and they are entirely out of the driver’s control.
Below are a few common causes of truck accidents:
- Drive times: With the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there are rules for the hours of service limiting the long hours a driver can be on the road. These federal safety regulations state that these commercial motorists are only required to take breaks after 14 hours of straight driving time.
- Mechanical issues: Before the requirement of anti-lock brakes in 1997, the main mechanical problem for 18-wheeler trucks was jackknifing. However, many other mechanical problems can cause truck accidents on the road that result in catastrophic injuries.
- Road conditions: Driving in poor weather and unsafe conditions, such as on icy roads and in low visibility, can cause complications when driving any commercial motor vehicles. This is especially true when you are operating a large truck that can do significant damage. Driving in dangerous weather requires trucks to take a longer amount of time to stop or change lanes.
- Blind spots: Large commercial vehicles have more blind spots than smaller vehicles like regular cars. When operating a truck, it is not uncommon for another car to get lost in the truck’s blind spots and contribute to a car accident.
- Driver fatigue: With truck drivers on the road for long hours and only being required to take breaks after 14 hours of driving, drivers can suffer from fatigue. Not only do long driving hours cause fatigue, but unhealthy sleep schedules and eating habits can cause fatigue. Drunk driving is also an issue, regardless of whether the truck driver has used alcohol or if it is used by other road participants.
- Cargo issues: If the truck is loaded improperly, unbalanced, or overweight, this can lead to leaks, spills, and other dangerous conditions for passenger vehicles. Taking the extra time to load a truck properly can help reduce auto accidents caused by improperly loaded cargo.
When suffering from a personal injury due to a Detroit truck accident, it’s recommended that you reach out to the top truck accident lawyers. When you speak to the truck accident lawyers at Mike Morse Law Firm for a free initial consultation, we can help guide you and offer you the legal advice you need to seek fair compensation.
Our truck accident lawyers are on your side. If an at-fault party has injured you or a family member, or if you have wrongfully lost a loved one, contact the lawyers for truck accidents today toll-free at 855-MIKE-WINS. As a firm, we have handled many commercial truck accidents and are willing to fight aggressively for you and your family.
Contact Our Detroit Truck Accident Lawyer
Being involved or injured in a semi-truck accident can cause a million different questions and emotions. You do not have to go through your accident case alone. Contact the truck accidents lawyers at Mike Morse Law Firm. When we take on your case, you can rest assured you are in the right hands.
Our law office fights for you as our client and does not require any legal fees until your case has been settled. Seeking justice is not just about receiving money. Instead, it is about doing the right thing and receiving compensation for your losses, pain, and suffering. Hiring an attorney with Mike Morse to handle your case gives you the peace of mind that our firm will go the extra mile in fighting for your compensation.
Make the right choice and contact Michigan’s largest personal injury law firm today. Hiring a lawyer from our firm can help ensure your case is in the right hands. Contact Mike Morse’s firm and speak to a lawyer for truck accident toll-free at 855-MIKE-WINS for a free consultation. Let a Mike Morse attorney fight for you and maximize your results after being injured in a semi-truck accident.
Our clients Say it the best
“This firm’s professionalism far exceeds the normal verbal and written communications expected from a law office. They could not have done a better job with the matters concerning my case and I would highly recommend them.”
“When the attorneys at the Mike Morse Law Firm represented me, we were not just a number, we were family. They really cared about what I was going through. I could not have asked for better people to work on my case.”
“I think very highly of Mr. Morse’s office and would recommend them to anyone. It starts with the great feeling you get when you come to the office for the very first time and it has continued with the excellent customer service they always provided . I don’t even need to ask questions because the attorneys and paralegals are so on top of their jobs. They have always been there for me. I have a warm and friendly feeling anytime I stop in. It feels like home.”