Detroit, MI Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one suffers from a traumatic brain injury (TBI), you have likely sought out medical professionals in Detroit who specialize in neurology. You may have even done extensive research to find a well-known neurologist with a solid reputation as an excellent doctor. Just as you want a well-trained neurologist taking care of you or your loved one after a brain injury, you need a personal injury lawyer who has experience in traumatic brain injury cases to look out for you and your family during this trying time.
The compassionate personal injury attorneys at Mike Morse Law Firm serving Detroit understand that a brain injury affects not only the injured person but his or her entire family as well. You and your family deserve to have a traumatic brain injury lawyer on your side who can take the time to understand the challenges that you and your family are facing. Our law firm can only help you after we are aware of the medical, economic, and emotional challenges that you are going through.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury due to the negligence of someone else, our Detroit, MI, brain injury attorneys want to help. Each traumatic brain injury lawyer in our firm goes the distance for our clients. We will aggressively seek justice for you and work hard to hold the negligent party accountable according to brain injury law.
Put our expertise to work for you and your family today! Contact a brain injury lawyer at 855-MIKE-WINS to schedule a free consultation. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No fees until your case is settled.
What Causes a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can be the devastating result of a sudden blow to the head or an object such as a bullet penetrating the skull. A TBI can also result from the brain being forcefully jarred in one or more directions from sudden acceleration or deceleration. The brain injury attorneys at our law firm can investigate the cause of your brain injury and fight for justice for you and your family.
Common causes of traumatic brain injuries in Detroit, MI include:
- Motor vehicle accidents:Car, truck, motorcycle, and pedestrian accidents may leave victims suffering brain injuries
- Assaults: Domestic violence, robberies, and gunshot wounds are common factors
- Sports injuries: Brain injuries may be caused in a number of different sports or recreational activities including football, baseball, basketball, boxing, jet-skiing, hockey, and skateboarding
- Slip-and-fall injuries: Perhaps the most common cause of brain injuries, falls may involve ladders, roofs, scaffolding, stairs, or bathtubs
Symptoms of Brain Trauma
Traumatic brain injury symptoms are different for each person, and some symptoms may improve over time while others worsen. It’s important for a traumatic injury to be quickly assessed and identified, as symptoms can quickly worsen when left untreated. A Detroit, MI, brain injury attorney can help ensure you and your loved one gets the medical aid you need.
The following outline some of the countless symptoms and challenges a person may face when suffering from a head injury.
Physical complications of traumatic brain injuries:
- Seizures: These may occur just in the early stages of the injury or for years afterward
- Dizziness: This symptom is common right after an accident and indicates that a person has a TBI and should seek immediate medical attention
- Headaches: It is common for brain injury victims to suffer frequent headaches in the days, weeks, and months following the accident
- Infections: A skull fracture can tear the soft tissue surrounding the brain, enabling bacteria to enter and cause an infection
- Sensory issues: A brain injury may leave a person with ringing ears, blurred vision, loss of taste and smell, and impaired balance or hand-eye coordination
- Blood vessel damage: Blood vessels can be damaged as a result of the accident, causing strokes, blood clots, or other serious complications
- Cognitive defects: This may include short- or long-term memory loss, difficulty remembering or concentrating, deficits in judgment, or lack of reasoning ability
- Communication issues: Symptoms include difficulty writing, speaking, reading, organizing thoughts, and participating in or following conversation
- Social challenges: This manifests in many ways such as difficulty interacting and following social interactions, unable to read cues from listeners, inability to use muscles to form words, and misunderstanding non-verbal signs
- Emotional and behavioral changes: These changes include depression, anxiety, agitation, anger, verbal and physical outbursts, taking risks, and mood swings
Mental complications of traumatic brain injuries:
Things that a person did before an accident may become difficult or impossible to perform on his or her own after a head injury. These functional complications of a TBI may therefore include:
- Bathing, dressing, and basic hygiene
- Completing household chores
- Organizing and paying bills
- Shopping and cooking
- Participating in sports and other recreational activities
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
How Can Our Detroit, MI Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers Help You?
The personal injury lawyers at Mike Morse serving Detroit, Michigan, understand that no amount of money can compensate for the physical and emotional trauma that a brain injury causes. However, fair compensation can take some of the financial burden off of your shoulders during this difficult time and ensure that you receive the medical treatment that you need after sustaining a brain injury.
During your initial consultation, our brain injury lawyers will sit down with you and discuss how your accident has affected you and your family members’ lives and what medical treatment and financial compensation you require as you move forward with your life.
Depending on your own individual circumstances, your Detroit, MI, personal injury lawyer may pursue damages for:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Lost wages and future loss of income
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffer
- Loss of consortium
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Wrongful Death
Contact a Detroit, MI Brain Injury Lawyer Today
Our Detroit, Michigan, traumatic brain injuries lawyers truly care about our clients and want them to have the best possible care. When we take on your case, we will work tirelessly to investigate your claim, negotiate with the insurance companies, file claims, and ensure that you get fair financial compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages after your traumatic brain injury.
We are experienced in handling brain injury cases, and our law firm is proud to put our expertise to work for the people of Detroit. Our injury lawyers do not charge any hidden fees, and your initial consultation with us is absolutely free. You pay nothing until you receive a settlement for your case. Call 855-MIKE-WINS to speak to a Detroit, MI, brain injury lawyer today!
Our clients Say it the best
“This firm’s professionalism far exceeds the normal verbal and written communications expected from a law office. They could not have done a better job with the matters concerning my case and I would highly recommend them.”
“When the attorneys at the Mike Morse Law Firm represented me, we were not just a number, we were family. They really cared about what I was going through. I could not have asked for better people to work on my case.”
“I think very highly of Mr. Morse’s office and would recommend them to anyone. It starts with the great feeling you get when you come to the office for the very first time and it has continued with the excellent customer service they always provided . I don’t even need to ask questions because the attorneys and paralegals are so on top of their jobs. They have always been there for me. I have a warm and friendly feeling anytime I stop in. It feels like home.”