Personal Injury Lawyers in Bay City, MI
When you leave the safety of your home in Bay City, it is never in your plans to experience an injury. Yet, despite your best efforts to be safe, an accident can occur anywhere at any time.
Accidents are far too common. In fact, in 2018, accidents were found to be the third-leading cause of death in the US. In many cases, these accidents could have been prevented.
If you or your loved one is hurt in or around Bay City due to someone else’s negligence, call 855-MIKE-WINS for a free consultation. Let the top-rated personal injury attorneys of Mike Morse Law Firm put their legal expertise to work to get you the compensation you deserve. As Michigan’s largest personal injury firm proudly serving Bay City, we have the resources you need.
Our Practice Areas of Personal Injury Law in Bay City
Personal injury law involves any injury you experience due to the recklessness or negligence of someone else. The intent personal injury law is to restore as much as possible of what the injured person has lost and to discourage others from committing the same offense.
Many situations fall under the umbrella of personal injury law. Some practice areas that we work in include:
- Premises liability or slip-and-fall: Slip-and-fall accidents account for over 1 million emergency room visits each year. The property owner or manager has a legal responsibility to ensure a safe environment for visitors. Failure to promptly tend to hazards – such as icy sidewalks, unmarked wet floors, and broken steps – could make him or her liable for an injury.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists are often overlooked or disrespected on the road. As a result, statistics show that motorcyclists are 29 timesmore likely to suffer fatal injuries than car passengers. The cause can come in various forms, such as improper left-hand turns, opening car doors in the motorcycle’s path, and speeding.
- Auto accidents: In 2018, in Michigan alone, there were 75,838 people injured in automobile accidents. In many cases, a driver was distracted. In fact, in 2015, 391,000 people were injured as a result of distracted driving nationwide. Some other forms of negligence or recklessness while driving include speeding, failing to yield, and DUIs.
- Commercial truck accidents: In 2019, there were 16,603 heavy trucks and buses involved in Michigan accidents. Due to the size of the vehicles, commercial truck accidents often cause serious, life-threatening, or life-changing injuries to the victims.
- Product liability: According to the law, manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure that their products are safe. A failure in detecting the issue, correcting the problem, or warning consumers could lead to a lawsuit for any adverse effects suffered as a result. Common types of product liability cases include prescription drugs, auto parts, toys, appliances, cleaning products, and electronics.
- Dog bites: Each year, more than 4.7 million people in the States are bitten by dogs, with small children being the most vulnerable. These attacks can be frightening and usually result in scarring physically and emotionally. The owner of the dog would be liable for any injuries caused from bites by his or her dog.
- Nursing home abuse: When your loved one needs more care than you can reasonably give, you search for a facility which you can trust to provide such care. Sadly, sometimes that trust is betrayed, and abuse occurs whether intentionally or through neglect. Forms of abuse include physical, sexual, emotional, and financial. Nursing homes can be found liable for the actions of their employees.
- Workers’ compensation: Every employer has a legal responsibility to provide a safe work environment. However, according to the National Safety Council, a worker is injured on the job every 7 seconds. The company may hold workers’ compensation insurance, but the adjuster may only seek to minimize the cost of your claim. Other parties may also be liable for your injury.
- Medical malpractice: When a medical professional violates the standard of care, it is considered to be a case of malpractice. Such negligence can result in life-changing injury or death. According to one study, more than 250,000 deaths occur per year in the US due to medical error.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death occurs when someone is killed by a negligent act (not including self-defense). Losing a loved one is emotionally devastating. When the loss is due to someone’s negligence, though, it can be crushing. Some common causes of wrongful death cases include pedestrian and bicycle accidents, medical malpractice, and violent acts.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Bay City, MI for a Free Consultation
If you or your loved one experiences a personal injury in Bay City, MI, call 855-MIKE-WINS to receive a free consultation with a personal injury attorney. You may believe your injury is not so serious. However, sometimes the effects of an injury might take months or years to manifest. And by then it could be too late.
Keep in mind that there is a time limit of up to 3 years for filing a personal injury lawsuit or claim in Michigan. So it is wise for you to get legal advice from experienced Bay City, MI, personal injury attorneys with our firm as soon as possible. Our attorneys will use their 25 years of experience to fight to get you the money you deserve.
It only makes sense for the person who carelessly caused your injury to pay for your recovery. If you are looking to maximize the amount you recover, the Bay City, MI, personal injury attorneys at Mike Morse Law Firm will put their legal expertise to work for you and get you every penny you deserve.
So speak with a personal injury lawyer serving Bay City, MI, today! Call 855-MIKE-WINS to schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
Our clients Say it the best
“This firm’s professionalism far exceeds the normal verbal and written communications expected from a law office. They could not have done a better job with the matters concerning my case and I would highly recommend them.”
“When the attorneys at the Mike Morse Law Firm represented me, we were not just a number, we were family. They really cared about what I was going through. I could not have asked for better people to work on my case.”
“I think very highly of Mr. Morse’s office and would recommend them to anyone. It starts with the great feeling you get when you come to the office for the very first time and it has continued with the excellent customer service they always provided . I don’t even need to ask questions because the attorneys and paralegals are so on top of their jobs. They have always been there for me. I have a warm and friendly feeling anytime I stop in. It feels like home.”