“The dog bite attack my nephew suffered while at the park was a horrible experience for all involved. Thank goodness for Mike Morse and his staff of Michigan dog bite lawyers. My nephew’s care was paid for by the settlement and he is fully recovered. We are so thankful that we made the right call during this critical time.”
Michigan Dog Bite Lawyer | Dog Bite Michigan
Child Safety Around Dogs
Have children and considering a dog? These tips may help you prevent your dog from injuring a child:
- Use caution when bringing a dog into the home of an infant or toddler.
- Dogs with histories of aggression are inappropriate in households with children.
- If your child is apprehensive around dogs, hold off owning one.
- Many families wait until their child is older than 4 years before bringing a dog into the home.
- Families with children and dogs should be even more aware that making a dog a member of your family is a significant commitment.
Children and Dogs
- Children’s natural behaviors–including running, yelling and grabbing–put them at higher risk for dog bites.
- Do not EVER leave a baby or small child alone with a dog, including the family pet.
- Do not let a child play with a dog unless supervised by an adult.
- Children should first ask their parent for permission to pet someone else’s dog, and then ask the owner for permission as well.
- Shy or nervous dogs can become even more agitated by children.
- Teach children from a young age to be careful around pets.
- Children should know to report a dog bite to an adult immediately.
Bitten By A Dog In Michigan? Contact Us For Help
Our Michigan dog bite lawyers will answer your questions regarding liability in a Michigan dog bite case for free. Contact us today!