Canton, MI Car Accident Lawyer
Besides contacting your insurance company, there are other important steps you can take after your Canton car accident to get the best possible outcome for your case. One of those steps is contacting an experienced personal injury lawyer to review your claim. Consulting a Canton, MI, car accident attorney is strongly recommended, even if you feel that your case is straightforward enough to be guaranteed a settlement. It is rarely that simple.
The personal injury lawyers at Mike Morse Law Firm are proud to serve the Canton, MI, community. We handle many different types of personal injury cases such as medical malpractice, dog bites, wrongful death, and car accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a car accident, we can help. Call us at 855-MIKE-WINS to schedule a free consultation. Our law firm charges NO FEES until we win a settlement for your case.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer After Your Canton, MI Car Accident?
The caring personal injury lawyers at Mike Morse Law Firm serving Canton can provide you with support during the difficult days, weeks, and months following your accident. After taking on your case, our law firm can help you by:
- Investigating the accident
- Filing claims
- Speaking to car accident reconstructionists and other experts
- Proving fault
- Negotiating a settlement
- Representing you in court if necessary
What to Do After a Canton, Michigan Motor Vehicle Accident
1. Check yourself for injuries and call 911 even if the accident is minor. If you’re unable to call 911, ask someone else to do so. If you’re seriously injured, try not to move. Wait for help to arrive.
2. Move to safety. If possible, move the vehicles off the road and out of traffic’s way. Turn off your vehicle, turn on your hazard lights, and send up orange cones or triangles if you have them.
3. Exchange information with all parties involved in the collision. Obtain the full names, license plate numbers, insurance information, and vehicle descriptions of everyone present.
4. Speak to eyewitnesses and obtain their contact information. Eyewitness accounts can be beneficial to your claim later on.
5. Take photos of your injuries, vehicle damage, road conditions, and anything else that might potentially benefit your claim.
6. Notify your insurance company of the accident, but don’t accept a settlement without first speaking to a Canton, MI, attorney.
Types of Accident Injuries Our Law Firm Can Help You Receive Compensation For
- Head and brain injuries:Car crash victims in Canton may receive a blow to the head during the course of the accident. This can cause concussions, skull fractures, internal bleeding, and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Neck and back injuries:The force of the impact of a collision can cause herniated discs, whiplash, and even spinal cord damage. Back and neck injuries may not be immediately apparent after the car crash, so it’s best to play it safe and seek medical attention as soon as you can.
- Facial injuries and scars:Glass from broken windshields or the impact from hitting the steering wheel, airbag, side window, or another hard surface can cause trauma to the head and face. Facial injuries may require extensive surgery and could leave victims with significant scarring.
- Burns:If the vehicle catches on fire after the accident, victims may suffer from burns. These can range in severity and may require surgery and skin grafting.
- Broken bones: It’s common for car crash victims to suffer a broken leg, arm, wrist, rib, or other bone. Some breaks may heal with a cast, while others are more severe and require surgery.
Contact Our Law Office For a Free Consultation
We do not charge any hidden fees, and your initial consultation with us is absolutely free. Call us at 855-MIKE-WINS to schedule an appointment.
Our clients Say it the best
“This firm’s professionalism far exceeds the normal verbal and written communications expected from a law office. They could not have done a better job with the matters concerning my case and I would highly recommend them.”
“When the attorneys at the Mike Morse Law Firm represented me, we were not just a number, we were family. They really cared about what I was going through. I could not have asked for better people to work on my case.”
“I think very highly of Mr. Morse’s office and would recommend them to anyone. It starts with the great feeling you get when you come to the office for the very first time and it has continued with the excellent customer service they always provided . I don’t even need to ask questions because the attorneys and paralegals are so on top of their jobs. They have always been there for me. I have a warm and friendly feeling anytime I stop in. It feels like home.”