“This firm’s professionalism far exceeds the normal verbal and written communications expected from a law office. They could not have done a better job with the matters concerning my case and I would highly recommend them.”
Southfield Car Accident Lawyer
Southfield Car Accident Help
Any time you are in a car accident, the shock of it can be unsettling, even in the most minor of accidents. Strong emotions can make it difficult to think as clearly as you normally would. Staying calm will help. If you happen to be part of a car accident in Southfield, remember:
- Collect the contact information of the other driver, along with their insurance information, plate number, registration and driver’s license number
- If someone appears to be hurt, call for an ambulance
- Call the police
- Have a police officer make an accident report
- Document road conditions/time of day/the state of the other driver and/or passengers
- Get the name of the police officer assisting you at the site, as well as his badge number and a way to contact him
- Even if you think you may be responsible for the accident, refrain from admitting this at the time of the accident. There may have been circumstances that you are not immediately aware of
- Remain at the accident site until a police officer says you may leave
- See a doctor to screen for injuries
- If you think you may need professional counsel regarding injury or damages caused by the Southfield car accident, contact The Mike Morse Law Firm
Where Can I Get a Police Report for an Accident in Southfield?
If you are submitting an insurance claim, you will need a police report. If you need to get a copy of your Southfield car accident report, first submit a written request along with your payment, either in person at the Southfield Police Department or online through the Oakland County Courts and Law Enforcement Management Information System (CLEMIS). For more information, you may visit their web site at www.cityofsouthfield.com.
The Southfield Police Department is located at:
Southfield, MI 48037
Call the Southfield Police Department at (248)796-5500, if you need more information regarding the accident police report.