“This firm’s professionalism far exceeds the normal verbal and written communications expected from a law office. They could not have done a better job with the matters concerning my case and I would highly recommend them.”
Michigan Truck Accident Lawyer
What to do if you are involved in a Michigan Truck Accident
Truck accidents are very serious and traumatic. Because of a truck’s heavier weight and greater size, the damages and injuries can be catastrophic. Keeping calm and thinking clearly is imperative at the scene. If you are ever involved in a Michigan truck accident, try to keep the following in mind:
- Contact emergency services if there have been any injuries.
- Turn on your hazard lights and safely remove yourself and your vehicle (if possible) from the roadway.
- Gather information from the other driver(s), other passengers, and any witnesses. Write down their names, phone numbers, and addresses.
- Write down the amount of damage to the vehicles and the location of the damage.
- Write down a description of the scene. Including the weather, the streets, the time of day, and so on.
- Report the accident to the police right away, and get a copy of the police report as soon as possible.
Some reports can be gathered from:
- Department of State Police Criminal Justice Information Center 7150 Harris Dr. Lansing, MI 48913 (517) 322-5531
- Others can be gathered directly from the police department that arrived at the scene.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Contact The Mike Morse Law Firm for a free consultation to ensure your rights are preserved at 855-MIKE-WINS.
We Can Help After A Michigan Truck Accident
When a Michigan semi-truck, tractor-trailer, big rig, eighteen wheeler or just a regular truck accident leaves you seriously injured, impaired, or hurt, you need Michigan accident lawyer Mike Morse to help you through this confusing and difficult process.