Dearborn Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Dearborn Motorcycle Accident Help
Motorcycle accidents are among the deadliest of all motor vehicle accidents, and often cause the most severe injuries. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that in 2016, the most recent year for reporting, there were over 4,976 fatalities and around 88,000 injuries from motorcycle accidents. In Michigan, 141 motorcyclists were killed in accidents in 2016. If you or a loved one are involved in a motorcycle accident in Dearborn, remember:
Seek Immediate Medical Attention for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
If you even suspect you may be injured, seek immediate medical attention
- Injuries are typically more severe in a motorcycle accident
- Injuries that seem minor can eventually become serious or even life-threatening
- Allow paramedics or other medical personnel to perform a thorough examination to determine the extent of your injuries, no matter how minor
Gather as Much Information as Possible After Your Dearborn Motorcycle Accident
If your physical condition permits, gather as much information regarding the accident as possible. If your injuries prevent it, ask a companion, witness, or the responding law enforcement officer to gather the following information:
- Precise location, time, and date of the accident.
- The license plate number of any vehicle involved, especially in a hit-and-run accident.
- Name, driver’s license, and insurance information of the driver of any vehicles involved in the accident.
- Name, address, and insurance information of the owner of all vehicles involved in the accident. In a motorcycle accident, first-party benefits are paid by the vehicle owner/driver’s insurance company, not your own.
- Use your cell phone to take photographs of the scene, all the vehicles involved, and your injuries.
If you think you want our expert advice regarding injury or damages caused in your Dearborn motorcycle accident, contact The Mike Morse Law Firm.
Where Can I Get A Police Report For A Motorcycle Accident In Dearborn?
You will need an official motorcycle accident report from Dearborn police in order to file an insurance claim. You can access a copy of your police report on line using the incident report number provided to you by Dearborn police at the time of the accident. These reports are typically available at HERE or HERE. You may also be asked to provide your driver’s license number, date of birth and date of accident. The reports are posted within 2 to five days after the accident.
Call the Dearborn Police Department at (313) 943-2240 if you need more information regarding your motorcycle accident police report.
Questions Often Asked About Dearborn Motorcycle Accidents
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident in Dearborn, you probably have questions, especially if you or a loved one sustained injuries. Below you can find answers to the most commonly asked questions. For more information call toll free at 855-MIKE-WINS.
- How To Determine If You Have A Case
- Michigan No-Fault Benefits
- Michigan Attendant Care Benefits
- Michigan Wage Loss Benefits
- Replacement Services Benefits for Household Chores
- Michigan Motorcycle Laws
- Michigan’s Motorcycle Helmet Law
- Michigan Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- Michigan Motorcycle Accident Insurance Q&A
When You’re Ready To Get A Michigan Accident Lawyer On Your Side
The Mike Morse Law Firm is ready to answer every question about your Dearborn motorcycle accident. If you are seeking compensation or reimbursement from someone else, or another accident participant has started a lawsuit against you, we will clearly explain your legal rights and all your options.
Email us or call The Mike Morse Law Firm at 855-MIKE-WINS (855-645-3946) to schedule a free consultation about your Dearborn motorcycle accident.
Testimonials & Case Results
Do you want to read what other people have said about The Mike Morse Law Firm? Find out here.