Mike Morse Law firm is proud to serve as presenting sponsor for Michigan’s biggest used book and media sale, underway now through April 30 at Laurel Park Place in Livonia. To date, Bookstock has raised nearly $1.7 million for Detroit area education and literacy programs.
Great news, book lovers – Bookstock’s back! More than 100,000 donated, pre-sorted used books and media items are for sale at bargain prices (as low as 25 or 50 cents). The collection includes DVDs, CDs, books on tape, magazines and vinyl records. If you’ve never been to Bookstock, the time is now.
It’s so much fun and it’s amazing what you’ll find. My mom, Sue, is playing a big role this year. As a former librarian, this event is near and dear to her. Look for her giving speeches, appearing in televised PSAs and even doing something called Cookstock on Wednesday April 26th– featuring the area’s largest collection of gently used cookbooks.
Here’s a rundown of some other special dates:
- Teacher Appreciation Day, Tuesday, April 25: Bookstock is celebrating teachers by giving 50% off to all teachers with a valid ID from 3–9 p.m.
- Bookbuster Special Days, Thursday, April 27 and Friday, April 28: Buy three books and get the fourth book *free (*least expensive item) from 3 – 9 p.m.
Spend $25 or more either night and be entered in a special drawing for:
- 4 tickets to a Red Wings game in the new Little Caesars Arena
- A piece of the Palace floor signed by Pistons Bad Boy Bill Laimbeer
- A two night stay and two rounds of golf for two at Treetops Resort in Gaylord
- Half Price Finale, Sunday, April 30: All books and media will be sold for half price!
Bookstock is now in its 15th year. As supporters of reading, education programs, students, teachers and schools in metro Detroit, we are thrilled to support this event which has generated nearly $1.7 million for literacy education projects across Detroit and Oakland County. More than 800 volunteers work hard all year long to make Bookstock happen.
Have a need to read? Join us at Bookstock, Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Laurel Park Place on 6 Mile Road, east of I-275 in Livonia.
For more information, call the Bookstock hotline (248) 645-7840 x365 or visit bookstockmi.org.